Cefia 200mg Capsule:
Each capsule contains: Cefixime (as trihydrate) 200mg
Cefia 400mg Capsule:
Each capsule contains: Cefixime (as trihydrate) 400mg
Cefia 100mg/5mL Suspension:
Each reconstituted 5mL contains: Cefixime (as trihydrate) 100mg
Cefia DS 200mg/5mL Suspension:
Each reconstituted 5mL contains: Cefixime (as trihydrate)200mg
Cefixime (Capsules/Suspension) is a semi-synthetic, Cephalosporin antibiotic for oral administration.
- Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis (caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Hemophilus influenzae)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis)
- In the treatment of otitis media (caused by Hemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, and Streptococcus pyogenes), sinusitis, pharyngitis & tonsillitis (caused by Streptococcus pyogenes)
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea (cervical, urethral) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (penicillinase-and non-penicillinase-producing isolates)
The use of cefixime should be reserved for infections where the causative Organism is known or suspected to be resistant to other commonly used antibiotics or where treatment failure may carry significant risk.
Cefia 200mg Capsules in packs of 2 X 5’s
Cefia 400mg Capsules in packs of 1 X 5’s
Cefia 100mg/5mL Suspension in pack of 30mL and 60mL bottle
Cefia DS 200mg/5mL Suspension in pack of 30mL bottle
Patients should consult with their physician before taking any medicine.